Wednesday, December 23, 2009

my first diaper cake!!

This is my first diaper cake!! I have no clue how they are really made. I saw it a few months ago and just had to try one on. My niece has allowed me to throw her baby shower and it was the perfect opportunity to give it a try. I think it came out pretty good although my design wasn't as planned as it should of been. Yet I am pleased and it only cost me around 20 bucks. I hope she likes it. She will tell me she does whether she does or not.

All I did was roll the diapers and place rubber bands around the middle and then put them in groups of 7. I attached the groups together with more rubber bands until I got the desired shape and size. Then I wrapped with different ribbon and topped of with foam stickers and teddy bears. I used some chopsticks to hold the two layers together and used a chipped cake stand I found for a quarter. Yay for thriftiness!! Oh yeah I also used crinkle paper to top off the cake just to add a little sumtin sumtin.





No comments:

Post a Comment