Thursday, February 16, 2012

Not a Moody Blue

Still sitting......
If confused read previous posts of whining.

I dragged a stool to the wall and pop opened my cans of paint.
I can at least sit and paint, right?

It was NOT a moody blue as I had picked out and hoped for. 
It's more of a nursery baby blue.  >:/
boooooooooo!

< Insert sigh of defeat here >

Ok, so pack up the paint and wait til I have some spare legs and head back to HD
The lady at the counter was totally awesome and a wizard at remaking the color.
I think she nailed it
top-previous color
middle-nursery baby blue
bottom-moody blue

< now you can insert sigh of relief >

We got back our tax refund I had been waiting for.  It was not as much as I had hoped and dissipated quite rapidly.  So much so, my head is still spinning.
I was not able to get a fabulous new couch but I did get a fabulous new to me couch :) 
I am now playing with the fabric to cover the pillows I have.
I'm thinking the chevron looks pretty awesome.

Rooo agrees.

The other night (a day after the sweet men in the house drag this home, after a 2 hr drive to retrieve it) there was a kinda surprise party for me and it really came in handy.
From a couch that fit 3 to one that had 8 people on it.  It was sooooo worth it.  I only paid 150 for it.
It's almost the same color as the chairs, which was accidentally awesome.
I can't wait to paint the walls and get everything moved to where it will be best utilized.
Oh I am also moving stuff around on my accent wall.  Here is a quick peak.
It's a small tribute to things that reflect my husband.
My favorite part?
That I can just shove the glass shelve between the slats until it's nice and tight and have  an instant shelf.  Taaaa-daaa
Ok am I wearing out the ta-da's?

1 comment:

  1. It's perfect! It is exactly what I was hoping you were going for.

    Your new to you sofa along with the feature wall are going to be so glamorous once you get it all together.

    Still out of the game eh? I hope you are back to your usual self again really soon.

    ReplyDelete