Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Faking Andy Worhal

So as I posted a few weeks ago, I am in the process of re doing my daughter's room.
We are doing "Geek Chic" with a side of hipster.
While gathering ideas I stumbled upon this classic Andy Worhal print.
She loved it, I did not how ever love the price plus shipping.
So this is faking Andy Worhal.
Cue in Staples and there engineering prints...ta da daaaaaa!
 
We searched the web and found an adorable picture of a different cow and sent it to Staples.
I did a 2 foot by 3 foot print.  Total cost?  3.59
 
Ok, now the hard part, kinda, not really.
I used poster paint and a small brush.
The cow green and background aqua. 
Then wipe with paper towel.  It's better to do a light coat and then go back over where needed.
 
Now the ear tag I wanted to pop out a little.  I rummaged in my daughters art supplies and found a copic marker that did the trick. 
Then I threw it in a frame I already owned. 
Art has been achieved!
Taaa- Daaaaa!
 
This is a quick sneak peak at her room. 

1 comment:

  1. That is too cool! What a brillian idea.

    Purple is my fave colour, your daughter has good taste ;)

    I don't know why, but I didn't receive notification in my reader that you had two posts I hadn't read. Not only that, but blogs that I deleted from my reader eons ago are showing up again! FRUSTRATING.

    ReplyDelete