Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Almost finished Cementary Benches

Why oh why do I wait?  When will I learn?  I fear the answer is never.  Oh well, maybe one day I will have extra help or extra money to buy some help.  Until that day I will press on and pillage the free pile.



Ok so I had my son cut some butt size strips from this wood siding I had pillaged from an house being built in our neighborhood.  The told me I could take as much as I wanted of their scrap pile.  I was as giddy as a school girl back in the 1800's.  I knew this stuff would come in handy.  I had already made a shed from it.  So I stapled a few old pillows I didn't have the heart to get rid of but were just too flat to be of use.  But they will be great for the graves.
.I had bought some astro turf a few month ago and used it to cover the pillows and stapled it underneath.
The creepy hand made their way out of a box and onto the grave.  I drilled two holes and used chopsticks to shove into the hand and then into the holes.I drilled more holes for the grass as well.  I also glued on some fake flies I found at the Dollar Tree Store.  I then staples some black plastic for the skirt and proceeded to rip holes in it.I still need to make the slipcovers look more like a headstone and am working on that tomorrow.  At the party there will be three of these around the dance floor.  Underneath will be red lights and fog (dry ice and fog machine).  This is a 3 chair bench and it looks funny right now because it's only has 2 chairs.  I can't wait for the party to be able to show ya'll the stuff in it's environment.  It kinda looses the feel with all my background clutter.  My house is not big enough to be able to really show something.  At least not the way I see so many blogs stage their photos.  Some of those pics are amazing and make me feel so unworthy. 

I've added new pics



4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Great way to spook up a trick-or-treat stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooohhhh, creepy! i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...so cool. I love the gross hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks one and all :) One down two more to go. I'd post a pic but they are all designed the same accept one of them will have a glitter glove on. (breaks out singing Thriller) hahhaha

    ReplyDelete