Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Redo with purpose

So the walls are a beautiful "spring is here green" and the window treatments are white, light and airy.  Sigh it's just sooooo pretty yet not too feminine.  I wouldn't do that to my husband, I like him being a man.
So this is my duck tape cover mirror and a vase from another room.  I also re-used an old suit case and small thingy (not sure what it is, bought it for a dollar 8 years ago)
This is closer (zoom in here) 
Next up is my side of the bed, with the fabulous rug I got from CSN.  The mirror was 3 dollars from thrift store, repainted and also owl repainted and pussy willows from yard. 
Another close-up 
Looks almost professional, if you squint and have a glass of wine. 
The next wall is on my husband's side and it was a little more pricier.  Although I did find the fabric at an outlet for 9 dollars a yard and the frames at Wal-Mart for 3 a piece.  Oh the other objects da' art, thrift store find painted white.  Did I tell you I am sick of painting things white? 
I only have two more things to accomplish, the bed and headboard and a chair.  I also have delusions of hanging a full wall of shelves around the bed.  In my head it seems easy but I think I've deceived myself in that area.
Next time I will have the chair and hopefully the bed and the whole enchilada all done up.
It will be complete!!

2 comments:

  1. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE do something about the window over your bed! Its contaminating the pretty room!
    (Sorry couldn't help myself) :D Other than that I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! but look at the before pics and you will be relieved it's no longer BROWN. I want to make a shutter but I need a garage to work in or wait till the rain stops.

    ReplyDelete