Friday, November 4, 2011

Crayola out of the box

Alas Pinterest, I have become such a copycat, all in thanks to you.
So many ideas, so many things I want to do.  Now that I have time I find myself creating things for people I haven't met yet.
Ok sooooo the melted crayon art is soooo cool.  I love it!  Then when I was re-organizing my craft room I found multi packs of crayons.   You just know what is coming next!
Although I did my spin on it.  By adding duck tape (of course) on the sides and a cute bird house on the bottom.
This is where I really wish I had a heat gun.
  Melting the crayons with a blow dryer made it all blown looky.
I still feel like I need to add something to it.  Flowers?  Raindrops?  Fog...
I just really don't know but I thought I'd throw it out there and be open for suggestions.
Anyone?
The cost was FREE, just the stuff I had around.

Ok, I finally put my big girl panties on and just went and did something.  It's been sitting down there unfinished for weeks.  I have made a pledge (to myself, didn't want to drag someone into this, they may hold me to my word) to finish what I started before I start something else.
So getting off my butt and doing it TAADAAAAA!!!!
I went back over it with more crayon but this time it was through my cheap dollar store hot glue gun.
It really smoothed it out and I was able to be more precise with my melting.  I also added cut out flower splotches thingies.  It brought a lightness and drifting to it, that I was hoping for.
You know what the best part of finishing this up is?  Being done is good, freeing up more room is better but the best is I got to spend time with my daughter the whole time.  She was finishing up a painting too.
Look to the left, isn't it cute?  She has so much more talent than I had at that age. 
All in all it was a good Saturday.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I tried this a few weeks ago too! Love the little details you added to yours. Stopping by from Keeping it Simple :)

    ReplyDelete