Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back to School!!

As I was cleaning out the downstairs I ran across this forgotten item.
I suppose it's been forgotten repeatedly by different people at different times.
I found it out by the dumpsters of my local thrift store.
I could not bear the thought of it living out the rest of it's ability rotting in some dump.
I brought it home and it's twin and used them for durable end tables in the rec-room. 
Alas with the rec-room coming to a close I was left with my twins once again.
After saturating myself with before and afters out here in blogland.  I had found inspiration to pretty up this one.  Maybe it will be well loved again.
Ok here it goes  (cue the drum roll)
Yellow Back to School in Style TAAAAAA-DAAAAAAA! 
Yes, I choose yellow as I had lots left over from my patio redo.
I just couldn't leave the inside plain.
I thought of mod podge but couldn't find any cool paper in yellow. 
So I pulled out my paint pen and a stencil and then sanded a bit and sealed it. 
Sanded, primed and layers of chalkboard paint. 
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
I was hoping to sell it.
Maybe gift it......
I do like it a lot but my house is small and the whole point was reduce!!!
Any suggestions?

PS  I'm still working on my craft center.  The big news is "I can see the floor" whooohoooo progress!!
Anyone wanna trade the desk for some carpet?......anyone.......*crickets*

1 comment:

  1. Great makeover. I can picture a little girl colouring on it, passing a rainy afternoon away.

    Thanks for linking to the party. Not many participants this week :(

    ReplyDelete